Covid 19 Response Plan
Firstly, I hope you and your families are healthy.
The COVID pandemic has been a stressful time for us all. However, I do think many positive things have come out of this. From my perspective, it has taught me to look at the bigger picture, rather than being caught up with day to day tasks. In addition, I see COVID as an opportunity to reset, move forward, and to continue to improve ourselves and our community. Another thing I have realized is that the services we provide are essential to our patient’s quality of life. Over the past 2 months, we have seen urgent care patients, and they have been extremely grateful that we were there to help them out. I even had a patient in tears, when we agreed to see them for their eye issues.
The Provincial Health Authority has allowed Optometry to reopen as of May 19, 2020. So we are planning to reopen on that date and resume caring for patients, both for routine and urgent care. It has been a long 2 months, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Of course, we will be making necessary changes to ensure the safety of both patients and yourself. Some of the measures we had taken are:
- Installation of plexi-glass barrier around the front desk
- Personal Protective Equipment for our staff.
- Ordering of digital measuring device so we can take the necessary measurements while maintaining social distance.
- Changing patient flow in order to limit the number of people in the office at one time.
- Request that patients that have any flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, coughing, or fever) or have been out of the country in the last 3 weeks, not to come into the clinic.
- Disinfecting all equipment before and after each patient.
- Cleaning all high touch surfaces such as door handles, counters and seats throughout the day.
- Regular deep cleaning of the office overnight.
Our entire team is looking forward to returning and being able to care for your ongoing eyecare and eyewear needs.
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via email or telephone directly. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Dr. Karim Mithani